Xavi Hernández

Moderators: Korinov, brazilianpesfan, Fixer, Mod's

Xavi Hernández

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:46

EXPLANATIONS (outdated):
Technically gifted and intelligent central midfielder, Xavi has won over 55 caps for Spain at international level. He is a former Barcelona youth player who was promoted to the First team in 1998 and has since played an integral role in the midfield and ranks fourth in Barca's all-time appearance list. Xavi has excellent distribution and provides a creative spark in the midfield, he also makes dangerous late runs into the box and has good composure in front of goal.

Explanation by jurgens

Spoiler: show
DEF:
His original def was something ridiculos like a 73... I've got it slightly lowered since then, but its still way to high. With his original values he could play as a lone DMF in barcas formation and be perfect. A CMF with those passing skills.. and that def.. is completly unrealistic. Make Xavi something hes not. Hes decent defensily, he can postion himself well, and contributes to the def what you would expect him to, he does his job and does it well... but for that he needs nothing more than a 65.

DA/AG/DSI
Small and extremly agile. Not only is he agile.. but he really puts his agility to maximum effiency. His movements are simple and efficent, very fast turns and body movements in unexpected ways to maintain ball possesion. Hes a master of this. As far as his DA goes... I find 89 perfect. I don't need to say anything like... ball glued to his foot, we all know what he can do... nothing more than an 89 is needed. 89 is perfect for him. As for DS.. he can keep a decent speed on the ball, but he mainly needs this for the speed of his static turns in 2011, with a low value... hes really slow, its not like teh real xavi at all.

BAL:
Don't know why he has such a high value, hes really weak. He avoids confrontations due to his agility and this gives him a resistance vs tackles. Hes got a small stature and a decent weight, high agi + DA.. he has everything he needs to keep the ball away from his opponents. He falls over easy in reality if much pressure is applied... I want that to be felt in game, I find it too easy to maintain possession with him with his current value.. since he can hold people off. Thats not what xavi does, he does not hold players off... he avoids them and out maneuvers them, no need for a value that high.

TS:
Hes painfully slow, really.. I can't see him at anything higher than an 76.. and I think thats being generous.

SPA:
Well I'll just go and quote some older posts to explain this

It's not that I don't think Xavi is an unbeliveable passer. But IMO.. what makes him so great is his great pass rate/vision. I mean take Riquleme in his villareal days, while he was a great passer.. he was also somewhat selfish.. well not selfish exactly, but he would dribble alot on the ball, he would also shoot a lot. He would make assists.. but they wouldn't be anywhere near the amount Xavi would make.. but that doesn't mean he wasn't capable, just that there was a lot more to his game than just passing. Its no like he lacked the accuracy and when you compare this to xavi.. who passes so, so much more..does anyone make as much passes as xavi? Xavis whole game really is passing. And his vision is probably among the greatest of all time, he passes so much and has the vision to create chances.. that hes viewd as a much greater passer than players who pass less.

I know this may be highly controversial.. but honestly.. is there this big a difference in pure accuracy between him and Ronaldinho? Xavi has barca players pulling the defense apart, brilliant vision to see chances, and will make a simple pass extremely efficiently. But I've seen Ronaldinho make more difficult passes than Xavi.. with much less space/players who understand him etc.

Now I'm not saying that Ronaldinhos a good as xavi.. but I think in terms of short pass accuracy.. there isn't such a huge gap. In terms of vision and understanding of his team mates... there is a huge gap, and this is what most of his passes are. Not overly hard, just amazing vision and understanding with his team mates. And the fact that he has probably 5x as many passes as anyone esle.. hes bound to look head and shoulders above the rest. But I think in reality... there has been players with better passing accuracy than him, players that who could make more difficult passes.

I'm just saying his passing is more teamwork and vision than pure accuracy and when you look back in history.. theres probably players who just passed a whole lot less..but had no less accuracy... its just due to the sheer amount of passes xavi makes hes viewed as on another level. The players who I rember seeing over the over the years and who I viewed as the best passers... Valderama/Maradona/Guardiola/Laudrup/Riquelme/Zidane/Rui Costa/Ronaldinho/Pirlo. I can't rember how accurate most of them really were.. but I'm sure Xavi's not that much better in terms of accuracy than a lot of them. I've had xavi at 96 spa/92 sps from the release of pes 2011. I'm not making that a suggestion, but I like that number more ladder wise, and it plays perfectly imo (forget classics)

Yeah.. for this reason I rate him at a SPA 96 rather than 98. I feel 98 is too unrealistic in game... no one would ever have agreed to this value.. but you can see it now as a decrease(though I see it as what he always deserved).. since hes not as perfect as he was a few seasons ago.

SPS:
92 perfect value, nothing to explain here.

SA/ST/SP:
Well I havn't made any changes to these form a year back or so, so maybe they can do with a few chnages, but I've always seen him as a very nice placer of the ball... but with little power.

Teamwork:
His strongest trait. He is the absolute master of teamwork, his understanding with his team mates.. its the best I've ever seen. His ability to make himself avaible for the pass, his vision, his off the ball movement to build up his teams play, is second to none. This is what makes him arguably the most effective passer ever. His teamwork, his understanding of where his team mates will be, he sees it all . I've give him teamwork > SPA

LPA:
Went back and forth and back and forth on this. In his best days his lpa could be an 92. But its not really fair for him to be at such an extremy high leve nowadays, I've brought him down to an 88 as I rarely see him demonstrate such great accuracy on his long passes to warrant an orange value.

CLASSIC SET(S): 2004-2006 & 2008-2010 & 2011-2012

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Apr 06, 10:42, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: XAVI Hernández

Postby Helios » 2008 Dec 12, 00:13

*Passing (Optional)

Passing shouldn't be optional ! :o He deserves the two stars. (Playmaking & Passing). He doesn't play too close to the box to make too much world class assists but he can deliver some superb caviars whenever he has the occasion.

Helios

Postby spinaL » 2008 Dec 12, 09:08

He goes for the killer pass 8-) :lol:

Last edited by spinaL on 2008 Dec 12, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
spinaL

Postby Fides » 2008 Dec 12, 09:44

If you goes for the killer pass he should have passing* :P

Fides

Postby manutd » 2008 Dec 12, 10:24

Fides wrote:If you goes for the killer pass he should have passing* :P
He shouldnt...

manutd

Postby Vranny » 2008 Dec 14, 04:22

I know it was shot down on the previous site, but I think giving him *Responce would be a good idea, allowing him to make one of his occasional and well timed runs into the box. (Eg: Goal against Russia during EURO2008, Goal against Sporting Lisbon in CL this year)

Vranny

Postby LaitP » 2008 Dec 15, 08:21

Vranny wrote:I know it was shot down on the previous site, but I think giving him *Responce would be a good idea, allowing him to make one of his occasional and well timed runs into the box. (Eg: Goal against Russia during EURO2008, Goal against Sporting Lisbon in CL this year)

in my opinion , i think that he has proved at many of his goals last seasion and now that he deserves it ...

LaitP

Postby jmg721 » 2008 Dec 15, 08:28

LaitP wrote:
Vranny wrote:I know it was shot down on the previous site, but I think giving him *Responce would be a good idea, allowing him to make one of his occasional and well timed runs into the box. (Eg: Goal against Russia during EURO2008, Goal against Sporting Lisbon in CL this year)

in my opinion , i think that he has proved at many of his goals last seasion and now that he deserves it ...

I'd be interested in hearing rfuna's thoughts...whenever he can find the time to register :P He mentioned in the CMF response ladder(old site) that he felt Xavi should have really high response, due to his awareness in getting forward into the attack. But that in trying it out, he felt it made him too good at intercepting and timing tackles. So maybe the *Reaction is the stat he was looking for instead of a Response boost :?

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Helios » 2008 Dec 16, 17:23

But sometimes he is sleeping in the field and you start wondering if he's still playing or not as in the Classico. I don't think he needs the reaction star, he isn't active or attacking enough to deserve it.

manutd wrote:
He shouldnt...

He should...

Helios

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 16, 19:35

Agree that *passing shouldn't be as opcional, but i am not sure about *reaction, imo it will be negative to his *playmake abilities.

Ulises

Postby Markulur » 2008 Dec 21, 09:59

So *Reaction is so balanced in agrees and disagrees. For *Passing like no optional we need one agree more.

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Aureliano Buendía » 2008 Dec 21, 12:30

I agree with *Passing. About *Reaction I think that Xavi doesn't need it. Without it he will make some moves into the box (like the real Xavi, he doesn't enter the box always) when it is needed. If he has *Reaction he will enter the box more often that he should IMO.

Aureliano Buendía

Postby jmg721 » 2008 Dec 21, 12:33

I acutally don't know who Ulises is agreeing with. I think he was agreeing that he should have the star w/o it being optional. But I personally haven't heard a good reason why he shouldn't have it :? I trust Anis and Fides and don't know why Manutd is disagreeing. He seems to want to improve Manu players and is much more harsh on other players :|

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby as_10 » 2008 Dec 21, 19:40

ok, im watching the match Villareal-Barça(1-2!) and they said that Xavi is the best passer of la Liga, with 8 assists, and he tries the killer pass often, so it think its enough, i agree with *passing

but i disagree with *reaction, as somebody said in the old site, he'll be caught out of position, and as Ulises said, it'll be bad for his playmaking abilities, because he wont be in the right place in the miedfield

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
as_10

Postby Markulur » 2008 Dec 21, 19:41

Well, updated.

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 21, 19:49

Ulises wrote:Agree that *passing shouldn't be as opcional, but i am not sure about *reaction, imo it will be negative to his *playmake abilities.

I ment that he deserves *passing, i think that no player deserves more this star than xavi. But i doubt about *reaction, he makes really good and coordinate runs, but inm the opposite i think that this star will make him to be worse playmaker, i mean worse because he will leave his position as playmaker and go up. So i don't say agree or disagree to this star.

Ulises

Postby as_10 » 2008 Dec 21, 19:54

Ulises wrote:But i doubt about *reaction, he makes really good and coordinate runs, but inm the opposite i think that this star will make him to be worse playmaker, i mean worse because he will leave his position as playmaker and go up. So i don't say agree or disagree to this star.

that's exactly my point too, i think his high TW will help him move excellent to recieve passes

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
as_10

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 22, 12:49

I suggest to rise his tecnique, his ball control looks god. He can dribble easily just with his oriented ball controls. He always end in good position after reciving the ball. I think 93/94

Ulises

Postby fillerup » 2008 Dec 23, 05:26

we already discussed that his technique is 1 point lower than pirlo

also i thought we already increased his atk and agression in order to make him go forward more, because reaction star gets him offsided a lot

fillerup

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 23, 11:29

fillerup wrote:we already discussed that his technique is 1 point lower than pirlo

also i thought we already increased his atk and agression in order to make him go forward more, because reaction star gets him offsided a lot

Pirlo is in decline and xavi is at his best moment, players change ones improove and other get worse...

Ulises

Next

Return to FC Barcelona