Luis Figo | 2000-2001 & 2005-2006

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 12, 23:48

- 2000-2001:

Club: Real Madrid

- 2005-2006:

Club: F.C. Internazionale Milano

INFO:

Spoiler: show
Gifted with an extraordinary technical ability, aided to his good physical shape and strong charisma, enormous ambition and total dedication to his job, led him to become one of his generation greatests, with a fantastic career full of conquests.

Coming from "Os Pastilhas" (means "The Gums"), a small neighbourhood from Cova da Piedade, Figo (born: 04/11/1972) arrived at Sporting Clube de Portugal (SCP) with 13 years and shortly after he was being summoned up to the youth national squads in every rank, getting to be European Champion of u17 in 1989 and World Champion of u20 in 1991.

April 1990 saw Figo's debut with the SCP jersey, he was only 17 at the time but it was only in the 1991/92 season that he grabbed his place in the starting eleven, getting to the National Squad prime team as well.

With the arrival of Carlos Queiroz to SCP (who have been his coach in the NT youth squads), Figo blossomed as a footballer becoming the most shining star of the SCP team and being desired troughout all Europe. Sousa Cintra, president of SCP, failed to renew his contract and Figo departed to Barcelona after being forbidden of playing in Italy as he signed for Parma and Juventus.

Luis Figo was the greatest winger in the world during the last three decades and considered by many to be the greatest footballer ever to born in Portugal. He was a playmaking right-winger who had average speed but remarkable dribbling and the ability to make pinpoint passing and imagination to create assists. Figo started his famous with playing in Portugal "Golden Geneation Team" which consist of Paulo Sousa, Rui Costa and Jao Pinto, was notable for their beautiful style of play in midfield. Figo also was one of the most important roles helping Portugal reach the semi-finals in EURO 2000 and FIFA World Cup 2006 and the final of Euro 2004. Figo is one of the few footballers to have played for both the Spanish rival clubs FC Barcelona and Real Madrid where he won the Ballon d'Or in 2000 and FIFA world player of the year in 2001. He also played for Sporting Lisbon in his early career and Inter Milan in Late career. Due to his consistency, He played almost 800 games during his club professional career and scored more than 100 goals.

HONOURS:

Club
Sporting CP
Cup of Portugal: 1995
Portuguese SuperCup: 1995

Barcelona
La Liga: 1997–98, 1998–99
Copa del Rey: 1997, 1998
Spanish SuperCup: 1996
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1997
UEFA Super Cup: 1997

Real Madrid
La Liga: 2000–01, 2002–03
Supercopa de España: 2001, 2003
UEFA Champions League: 2002
UEFA Super Cup: 2002
Intercontinental Cup: 2002

Internazionale:
Serie A: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
Italian Cup: 2006
Italian SuperCup: 2005, 2006, 2008

International
FIFA U-20 World Cup: (winner) 1991
127 Caps 32 Goals

Individual
Ballon d'Or: 2000
FIFA World Player of the Year: 2001
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 2006
FIFA 100
UEFA Team of the Year: 2003
Don Balón Award Foreign Player of the year in La Liga : 1999, 2000, 2001
Portuguese Footballer of the Year: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
Portuguese Golden Ball: 1994
Best Portuguese player in the past five years (A Bola)

VIDEOS:

Last edited by Uzair on 2010 Apr 05, 14:12, edited 10 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Luis FIGO | 2000/2001

Postby Uzair » 2009 Mar 23, 18:46

Classical wrote:Figo at his peek was a top consistent performer of both physical and technique skills, it was the fusion of those aspects that made him such a splendid player, enough to reach number one at this year.

The stats portrayed here (and the suggestions currently being made) make him less of a player, it makes him more close to his last years than his peek years. At his peek Figo didn't have probably Tech=97 and DA=97 as well as curling=97

But he had for sure better accelaration, much better dribble speed and, as a matter of fact, more teamwork.

So if changes are to be made, why don't consider making the changes to reflect his peek instead of making changes to reflect his later years?

Ah, and Figo I did watch him play live several times. For Sporting, National Squad, Real Madrid and Inter. Only missed Barca.

he definately deserved 97 for DA. technique could come down to 95. i think his curling should stay as it is.

Uzair

Postby Classical » 2009 Mar 23, 19:23

And based on my previous toughts, these are the parameters which could go up:

BodyBalance=84
DribbeSpeed=86
WFF= 7

TopSpeed=85
ACCelaration=87

You see, with these stats you would be looking to a player who got himself more than a decade playing at superior level who reached number one of the world - which is the season this post is supposed to emmulate -.

At least on a basis comparison, these are not overrated values, actually I see a lot of opinions forcing a going down but, on my opinion, this is a player who values could go up.

And one more idea, try to compare Figo with M. Laudrup.

Figo was more of a winger than M. Laudrup, more of a dribbler, a 1-1 player.

But the stats for these players don't reflect that. On the contrary, they tell us than M. Laudrup was the dribbler and faster player.

We know that is not quite accurate or even true so I suggest its time to redefine Figo's values to emmulate him how he was at his peek.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Eric Cantona
Classical

Postby Uzair » 2009 Mar 23, 19:42

he does put the speed on in that video you posted. the above figures seem quite reasonable but maybe TS should be increased by only 1 point to 83 and accleration to 85. never struck me as that quick but someone with decent enough aceleration. DS could defo come up but to about 85.

the thing about figo is he never solely relied on speed. in tht video u posted, he always comes up against a player 1-1 and uses ball and feints to get past him...mot of the time.

Uzair

Postby Classical » 2009 Mar 23, 19:47

the thing about figo is he never solely relied on speed. in tht video u posted, he always comes up against a player 1-1 and uses ball and feints to get past him...mot of the time.

that's my point exactly: he combined, alas, he mastered the articulation between physical and technical skills. The current stats doesn't make him like that, make him like a good technique player with a few running twists, like a backup move. During Figo's best days, they were not just a backup move, they were integral part of his style of play.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Eric Cantona
Classical

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Mar 23, 22:17

I don't know I don't thinkhis dribbling was ever two points over Messi's and 3 over Robinho's :?. 94 possibly 95 max really. I agree with a technique drop to 94 or something though his touch wasn't as good as say Berba's was today.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby yourigo » 2009 Mar 23, 22:21

Vandeach wrote:I don't know I don't thinkhis dribbling was ever two points over Messi's and 3 over Robinho's :?. 94 possibly 95 max really. I agree with a technique drop to 94 or something though his touch wasn't as good as say Berba's was today.

have you ever seen Figo play? i think 97's fine for tech

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby ravlee » 2009 Mar 23, 22:55

yourigo wrote:
Vandeach wrote:I don't know I don't thinkhis dribbling was ever two points over Messi's and 3 over Robinho's :?. 94 possibly 95 max really. I agree with a technique drop to 94 or something though his touch wasn't as good as say Berba's was today.

have you ever seen Figo play? i think 97's fine for tech

what kind of stupid question is that?! have u ever seen Figo play? rofl.. i think everyone on this forum has seen figo playing....... -_-"

personally i'd agree with Vandeach, esp. on DA --> 94
TEC should stay red - something like ~ 95, which is like M. Laudrup, Kaka, Platini, Hagi, Henry etc..

97 on TEC puts him above i.e. Roberto Baggio, who imo had a better first touch than Figo

ravlee

Postby yourigo » 2009 Mar 23, 23:07

my point was that figo can hardly be compared to berbatov in terms of tech, figo's in a completely different league. on the other, if there are as you say so many players at 95 who are true stars (unlike berb), like platini and hagi, i guess all i can say is that ok, i agree with 95 for figo's tech, but i'm going straight away to berb's topic and nag the hell out of the statmakers there until they lower his tech.

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby Uzair » 2009 Mar 31, 15:08

woah woah woah!!! 97 is fine for DA. great dribbler and that's final.

Uzair

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 Mar 31, 16:03

this would make ibra a better dribler that figo wich would be incorrect

danielfrancog

Postby p1rha » 2009 Mar 31, 23:06

Classical, sorry to desagree with u but figo was not excepionaly fast or strong, decent but not above average, when i look back i say Sérgio conceição, JMVP, all of them were faster than figo imo.

For some sceptics, he shure does deserve that 97 for dribble accuracy, he dribbled the full back as many times as he wanted to till he got that perfect chance for the cross, he deserves to be at the level of his coleague Zizou. Dribbling abilities r not just about DA, in Figo's conservative style of dribble the ball is glued to the feet so u'll need very high DA to portrait it.

oh, and he doesn't even deserve 95 (94 is fine) for technique imo. comparing figo to rui costa i can't see that much of a diference, CR7 may be already at the level of figo when it comes to treat the ball nicely. Orange technique allows u to do a perfect reception of the ball, going red is more for those players like rivaldo berkamp ronaldinho or zizou that aply those magical touches that really defy the laws of physics.

Last edited by p1rha on 2009 Jul 22, 18:58, edited 2 times in total.
p1rha

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 Apr 01, 06:26

p1rha wrote:Classical, sorry to desagree with u but figo was not excepionaly fast or strong, decent but not above average, when i look back i say Sérgio conceição, JMVP, all of them were faster than figo imo. Do u think he would have got voted best player in the world if he didn't played for Real? Not that he didn't deserve it, but he deserved it more while at Barça (that's the "system")

For some sceptics, he shure does deserve that 97 for dribble accuracy, he dribbled the full back as many times as he wanted to till he got that perfect chance for the cross.

oh, and he doesn't even deserve 95 for technique imo. comparing figo to rui costa i can´t see that much of a diference, and i say CR7 may be already above figo when it comes to treat the ball nicely, cause orange technique alloes u to do a perfect reception of the ball, going red is more for those players like rivaldo berkamp ronaldinho or zizou that aply those magical touches that really defy the laws of physics.

who are u talking to :?

danielfrancog

Postby Brezza » 2009 Apr 04, 16:51

Figo's so good that he has two threads :lol:

Ive deleted the other thread ( but swapped the picture around)

here are the main points made from the other thread:

Xyder wrote:Me too, personally I decrease his BB a couple of points, to 80 max, he isn't very strong, and sometimes fall searching the fault more than play, and his shooting stats...

SA: 81
He has a good SA for a midfielder, but a 83 it's too much for him, he wasn't a regular scorer but with this value he is been able to make shoots to goal from far distances, so I'd go with an 81.
SP: 92
He has a powerfull shoot, harder than Zizou who is rated at 90, then I suggest this value.
ST: 85
He can shoot while he was fighting against some defender, and always make a nice shot, I think an 85 it's a better value.

i think SP is fine as it is but BB could come down i agree, and also top speed, i'd say:[/quote]

P1rha wrote: Balance: 78

maybe a being a bit harsh, but like xyder said he felt too often looking for the faul and though he had good balance he wasn´t very strong

Top Speed: 78
Acceleration: 82

most side backs were faster than figo, he was only fast in the 1st meters, and his dribling ability helps him advancing on the field

Agility: 82

82 is not a bad value, his dribble was based on rigorous control of the ball, he wasn't near as agile as say M. Laudrup who is rated at about 86

Short Pass Accuracy: 88
Short Pass Speed: 85

his short pass was also very good, better than any winger at his time and better tham many nº10

Curling: 94

there are better players at this. in a master league you can easly score 5~7 goals in a season from freekicks with these stats

Technique: 95

ok his 1st touch was flawless, but also quite conservative, he wouldn't land an aerial ball with feather touch as easily as Rivaldo, rated with 96 i guess

i only disagree with BB, he was really strong, he could take up a lot of pressure. In later years he started to go down for the fault, but at his peak he didn't do that very often

Uzair wrote:the current figo has 95 in curling. he's always been able to curve a ball wonderfully. look at his freekicks against roma.

In my opinion I think Figo has been generally well rated. Although I agree that technique could come down to 95 as his first touch wasnt as good as Rivaldo or Bergkamp, and short passing stats could possibly go up

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Classical » 2009 May 30, 03:27

Raise in speed / acc ?

On a ladder basis comparision.

Classical

Postby p1rha » 2009 Jul 30, 20:51

Classical wrote:Raise in speed / acc ?

On a ladder basis comparision.

Well, i gave it a second thought and i have to agree with Classical. When he wanted to he could be damn fast though he didn't used many long and straight runs like most wingers do, wich can be deceptive when rating his speed. Just look at his sprint at 1:24, i think the 1st defender left behind is Puyol, wich is not what i would call a slow defender.

I don't think speed has to be raised, maybe it's better to raise DS.

p1rha

Postby Classical » 2009 Jul 30, 21:52

Since he has such a good ball control it looks he is slow, which is not true.

Probably it is DS and not ACC or TS that needs to be raised. Whatever emulates him better, suits :D

This is not a closed thread in my opinion, as Pirha comes now there is also room to many more, in order to improve Figo's stats. Afterall he was named best player in the world not many years ago and we all probably remember him so we must strive to achieve a good close result here.

Cheers!

Classical

Postby krzygut » 2009 Jul 31, 01:55

hard to say, for me he accelerate really, really slow but his top speed was at least average and a ball doeasnt seem to slowing him. so maybe its true that DS should be raised

krzygut

Re: Luis FIGO | 2000-2001

Postby p1rha » 2009 Jul 31, 15:07

DS 85? Maybe decreasing BB a pt or 2?

And does he really need *middle shooting with those shooting stats? What about my SPA sugestion?

p1rha

Re: Luis FIGO | 2000-2001

Postby Classical » 2009 Jul 31, 15:46

DS should go up as well as SPA/SPS as he played a lot of times as a 10 in Real days (when in Barcelona and Sporting he played as a side midfielder).

Figo put a lot of flair in his short passes and he knew how to make 1-2 combinations which led him or other face to to face with the goalies. Later, with Zidane in the team, this ability revealed itself quite more often.

Classical

Next

Return to 00's